Tuesday, February 19, 2008

M and M

(I noticed not many of you noticed anything with the PERPENDICULAR PARKING pic in my last post. You guys may want to take a closer look. TIP: Click on the pic for a larger view. ;) XP)

Okay.

On to today's post.

Yummy? :) XP

Nope. I'm not gonna talk about those "candy coated chocolate candies" with the letter "M" on them. "The milk chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hand". Nope, nope, nope.

Not those M&M's.

...

Today, I'm gona ramble about....

Movie and MANGA. :) XD

Okay.

First off, MOVIE.

Was down at LA-LA land, aka Time Square lately,

where I saw THIS:

and catch the movie,




Nice tagline eh?

anywhere is possible


Want an even "cornier" one?

"With great power comes great CONSEQUENCES"

wtc man, of all taglines to parody, why Spiderman's?!?!? piff. (Fyi, Spiderman fan since young here... ... =.=" XD)

So. Okay, how was the movie?

Let me summarise it for you.

Guy discovers he has SUPER POWERS.
Guy abuses power and gets rich by robbing bank.
Fast forward 8 years,
Guy is living an awesome life.
Guy looks for long lost girlfriend.
Guy is hunted by some weird "villains". (OF ALL NAMES, why PALADINS?? damn corny... =.=")
Guy and girlfriend got problems. (Don't they ALL do?)
Guy's girlfriend is taken hostage.
Guy saves girlfriend.
Guy "defeats" enemies.
Guy lives happily ever after with girlfriend.

That's it.

Simple, lack-of-depth plot.
When the credits appeared, I literally went like, "WHAT? That's it??!"

But...
ALL IS NOT LOST.

The only GOOD thing about the movie, and very, VERY VERY, COOL in fact,
is the SPECIAL EFFECTS.

The fight scenes, the teleporting effects, all DAMN YENG!!~


Do i recommend watching this movie? I mean, spend RM7 or most likely more for this movie?

DEFINITE NO NO!


Want the special effects? Just watch the trailer.

Lemme quote from the blog, Nine Over Ten 9/10.

"Movie trailers are like those KFC food ads put up on billboards. They look very nice, and often are good at making you fork out money for the real thing. Movies on the other hand, tend to be like the KFC zinger burger you had for lunch, disappointing. The burger pattie is half the size advertised, and in actuality the real product bears no resemblance to the glorious ad you saw on the way to the restaurant."


Want to watch some REAL JUMPING action?

It's called FREE RUNNING. It's a more aesthetic form of Parkour. Both also known as Urban Ninja, Street Jumping, Building Jumping, etc etc... Just Google them and find out more. Definitely much cooler if not as cool than this %$#@! movie. ;) XP


Now, on to MANGA.

I have been wanting to blog about this for quite some time.
And to keep this post SSS, I have listed here, my top 5 MANGAs.


DEFINITE MUST-READS!
Trust me, they're GOOD.

No. 5
DORAEMON
HOW CAN ANYBODY NEVER READ DORAEMON??!
IT's AN ALL TIME CLASSIC!!!
I mean, c'mon, everyone's at least watched 1 episode of the anime before... ... RIGHT??! =.=" XD
("Ang Kah Ang Kah Di Dang Dah!~" XP)


No. 4
RUROUNI KENSHIN (SAMURAI X)
Okay okay, I know...
"THERE'RE SO MANY MORE NICER MANGAs OUT THERE BETTER THAN THIS SH*T!"
But personally, I feel, this is one of the CLASSICS of the manga world that cannont be left out.
SERIOUS.
It may be old, but definitely worth reading. :) XP


No. 3
DEATH NOTE
Okay, this' kinda recent.
But hey,
IT'S REALLY GOOD!
Period.


No. 2
SLAM DUNK
CLASSIC!!!
I TOTALLY RECKON THIS IS THE BEST BASKETBALL, make it SPORTS, MANGA EVER WRITTEN!
I mean, the whole feeling, the emotions, the KEWL-ness~~
Totally the first of it's kind, and I don't think it will be defeated any time soon.
If you haven't read this...
GO KNOCK YOUR HEAD ON A WALL!!!
XP





And now..

The moment we have all been waiting for...

For our all time No. 1 Manga...


(*psst!* Drum Roll lah!~~)
("@#$%^&*!")
(Aiks, drummer still pissed from last post... =.=" XP)



GTO!!!!!TOTALLY HUMOUROUS!
VERY DOWN TO EARTH!!
AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST,
TOTALLY HUMOUROUS!!!
If you haven't read this before...
...
Jump off KLCC~ =.=" XP
GO READ IT LAH!!~~
XP



Yup.

That's my 101% DEFINITE MUST-READ MANGAS.

If you ever have the time, don't be a "frog in a well",
READ THESE MANGAs! XP

I definitely won't say they're a waste of time.

They're CLASSICS!!! ;) XD


And if you ever need some one to ramble bout mangas,
You should know who to go to. ;) XP

Currently following up on
Eyeshield 21
Naruto
Hellsing
D.Grayman
Bleach
Claymore
Air Gear
One Piece


(The latest Air Gear chapter... total "Gay-ness" lah... Agito + Akito + "Brain Charger" = Lind?!?! WTC man~~ =.=" XP)

I usually catch up on the latest chapters HERE.


O yah.
Btw,
I know most of you will be asking,

Why not ANIME?

Simple.

Cause no anime is up to my standard.

Serious.

They all S*CK. =.=" (Stupid fillers... =.=")

I just LOVE the gaps between manga boxes. Lets me imagine the "in-betweens" so much more action-packed, lively, and more AWESOME than any anime can potray. :) XP hahaha.

But i do HIGHLY-RECOMMEND the Death Note anime. True to the manga, and AWESOME GRAPHICS. (Compared to the other animes I mean... =.=" XP)

O.

And ofcourse.

DORAEMON too!!~ XP




So, that's about it.
I think~ XP

LOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOONG post eh?
I sincerly apologise.
(I know, I know, "It's too late to apologise~ It's too late~~~" =.=" XP)



Till next time,
This is your FNB, k!ll3r @c3,
saying ADIOS!~

Tata~~

7 dollars worth of comments:

wow..such a looooooooongggggg post.....haha.how was jumper anyway ?nice?

i m working at time square .. and i saw u 2day .. haha ..

@jean: haha. Didnt u read the blog post? i summarised everything and gave my opinion liao. :) XP

@lingz: WAH! u started blogging liao lerh~~ XP o? where r u working o? A shop called Discreet?? Sell apa de? and When did u c me? i was at TS a few times lately. XP

Slam Dunk, Doraemon and GTO gets my vote too.

Some other classic that I like is Dragonball, Yu-yu Hakusho, Jojo Bizzare Adventure, Kindaichi Jikenbo, Video Girl Ai.

Newer one like One Piece and Hunter x Hunter.

See my review on Kung Fu Dunk and you know I like Slam Dunk. http://simonseow.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-view-on-kungfu-dunk.html

wow.. simon.. haha.. yea.. DRAGONBALL!! yeah!!~ i forgot that one!! XP

Anonymous said...
25/2/08 7:57 PM
 

air gear rocks~~
love da roller thingy==
but there's little 'yellow' in this manga lar~~
but wad da heck..juz love it~kaka...

Oo.. haha.. YEAH!~ AirGear is the TIP of "KEWL-ness"! ;) XP

btw.. who r u?? =.=" :)