Thursday, August 07, 2008

User MOST Important

I've been wanting to post this for quite some time now. (As usual... =.=" XP)


"Walao! He using a Canon 1D Mark III lerh!!"

"FUUYOOH!! See his DSLR how big?! The flash even bigger!!"

"See! His lens so big!!"


(No punS intended... =.=" XP)


Ever heard these comments and exclamations before?




I'm tired and disgusted with all those so called "PHOTOGRAPHERS" who exalt expensive gear and equipment more than skills and technique!

Going around showing off, or looking down on those who have "cheaper" gear or equipment, and worshiping all those who have the LATEST and uber EXPENSIVE equipment.


I REPEAT.

I'M DISGUSTED.


YES.
Equipments and gears ARE IMPORTANT.

I do not deny that fact where a photographer can be limited due to his or her equipment.

BUT.
THEY (equipment) is NOT EVERYTHING.

Give the BESTEST of BESTEST equipment to an idiot, and he still won't be able to take a good picture.

On the other hand,
Give any low-end, VGA phone camera to a REAL GENUINE PHOTOGRAPHER, chances are higher he can take better pics than a show-off having a Canon 1D Mark III.


THUS,
SKILL and TECHNIQUE are the MOST important.

And like I always say,

"It's the person BEHIND the camera that's really important."





To all those who claim to be photographers,
Please don't make a bad name for OUR passion.

PLEASE.





This is your FNB, k!ll3r @c3,
Leaving you with a link to one of Mr. Shaolin Tiger's blog post which I relate to, HERE.





P.s.: I have nothing against Canon 1D users. NOTHING. Only against those bastards who call themselves "PHOTOGRAPHERS".

6 dollars worth of comments:

Oh, you wrote it. With a little *cough*pre*cough*judice*cough*
Who? Who made that sound? I didn't mean it.

Well, Io non cuore, non cuore.

Prejudice?
Which part of it sounded like tat?

Referring to SOME ppl? Yes.
But it isn't the ONLY person u think i'm writing about.
I know LOADS more ppl who are like tat.

In fact, the one you think I'm writing about isn't the main one. =.="

Perhaps you can bring it out to your presentation one day. :D

I don't find any prejudice in that post. I find much truth in what you say indeed.

People tend to make photography less of an art or a skill but just a medium to parade their wealth status. If you're just going to take a picture where a regular person like me perceives as "normal" I don't see the point of using a ridiculously priced camera when a basic one could do the same job.

Some effects that the incredibulously amazingful priced lenses does can simply be simulated by Photoshop. Simultaneously, you can dare say you have two skiils - photography, and photomanipulation.

After all, it would be apt to refer to the saying, "A good carpenter never blames his tools".

Thx for the thumbs-up. ;D

it is sad and hurt u noe when precious gear falls to someone who cant really appreciate it...

yeah...lastly let the best picture talks itself..(even from a compact cam or point n shoot camera.)